Mile High Comics is Just a Few Weeks Older Than Me

Yesterday I was at Mile High Comics as they celebrated the 50th anniversary of their first store opening. It was nothing huge. The owner, Chuck Rozanski, did what he really enjoys doing, reminiscing about his adventures in selling comic books for over five decades before everyone had cake.

As I'm about to turn 50 myself, I find the closeness of age amusing.

I have been a regular customer for over 35 years, when they opened a store in walking distance of my house. Before that I had been a customer whenever I got the chance, but that was the hands of my parents at the time. I think I have been to most of the Mile High Comics stores that have existed over the years. Now they are down to one store, but it is an amazing store. Worth a visit for anyone to just walk in and experience how truly overwhelming the place is.

Me and My Boys
At an author signing event

While it has slowed down, me and my boys have been to a good deal of events there, including a wedding. I held my one and only book release party there for 'A Day at Georgie and Armand's Place'.

Me at the Book Release party for
A Day at Georgie and Armand's Place

I've been collecting comics, at one level or another for nearly 40 years and have a significant sized collection. Right now, when I can afford it, I've been picking up a lot of back issues, mostly Marvel comics from the 70s and 80s. It really is my one addiction. I'm a collector and out of all my collections, I find comic books to for some reason be the most rewarding of them. There really is something truly satisfying about completing a run of a favorite character's title, and being able to hold them and organize them... Maybe it's just me, but that's how it I feel.


While my boys have not gotten into as much as me, I still enjoy sharing my passion with them. As I don't foresee me losing interest in comics any time soon, I have a feeling it will be a passion I will share with the next generation as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now That Was One Geeky Conversation

Disharmony of the Spheres

And His Time Is About To Come To An End