Thursday, May 25, 2017

40 Years Ago Today





While I may have only been 2 at the time 40 years ago when the first film hit theaters, the impact of the event on my life is unmistakable. I do not remember a time before Star Wars, it has always been there as far as I am concerned.

Out of all my collecting, none has measure up the my Star Wars collection. It has been where my passion has been the most focused. While I kept a handful of pieces from my childhood, I have been actively working on my Star Wars collection since I was 16 and that is where the bulk of my collection has come from.

Both  my boys have grown up surrounded by Star Wars and openly embracing it. My oldest's first words were 'R2' and 'Bacca'. They both were swinging lightsabers as soon as they could hold one.


Me as a Jedi at the first Star Wars Celebration
Next to the X-Wing fighter at the first Star Wars Celebration


I have countless Star Wars related memories from various events and conventions.

Waiting in line to see George Lucas at Star Wars Celebration 3




Meeting Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) for the first time
Tonight I do plan to watch Episode 4 with my family.
Most likely we'll have a few lightsaber fights this afternoon.
I have no doubt we will be able to figure out various was to celebrate.

Interestingly today is also Towel Day, in honor of another unique sci-fi franchise (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy). So got find your Star Wars towels to carry around in celebration of both events.

No comments:

Post a Comment