Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Nightmare Knock-Off Figures I Have to Add to My Collection

 Just saw the date of the last post here and I didn't realize it has been that long since I last put up a post.

I've been busy working on my writing. My second novel, 'Georgie and Armand's Place Under Siege' is almost finished and will hopefully be out by summer.  Of course you can go and pick up the first novel 'A Day at Georgie and Armand's Place' if you have not done so yet. (https://www.amazon.com/Day-Georgie-Armands-Place-ebook/dp/B07YK6C8N5).

Now on to the topic of this post.

Knock-Off actions figures are an interesting market. There is a lot of odd stuff out there. A lot of it is straight forward poor quality reproductions of existing figures that often are just humorous, especially with whatever odd title the figure is given, that often suffers from translation issues.

I have a few knock-Offs in my collection. The Aliens Fighter is my favorite.



So you have a X-Wing fighter from Star Wars, with the wings put on backwards and a standard grey alien in the cockpit, with 'ALIENS FIGHTER' on the sides. It's also a pullback car, so you can put it on a smooth surface, pull it back and once you let it go it will speed off on you.

It really is an amusing little piece.

Yesterday while messing around on-line I learned about 'Heroes of the World Fighter'. I am still trying to process just what this line is.


This is the card all the figures come packaged on. It is very clearly trying to copy the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles style. The figures themselves are basically bootlegs of the 80s Advance Dungeons and dragons action figures, but painted and some have new, really badly molded heads, to make them kind of look like Ninja Turtle figures. All the weapons look to be from the AD&D line.


And there you have the Turtles themselves. The bodies and heads look to be fully new, really bad sculpts. The arms and legs are from two different AD&D figures. All the weapons are from AD&D figure.

I can't find much on this collection though. No idea what year these came out or where they were available, although on ebay most of them are shipping from various European countries.

While it would be amusing to go and hunt down the whole collection, right now I just want to get one of them for the conversation piece it would be.


No comments:

Post a Comment