Friday, January 2, 2015

It Will Still Take Some Getting Used To

It really is odd to see the 'Disney' logo on Star Wars products now. I know Disney owns the franchise, but that doesn't mean they needed to put their logo on everything.

It is not like Star Wars needs the Disney logo. The Star Wars brand is going to sell itself just as well without any connection to Disney. If anything the Disney logo might turn away some fans. There was no need to so blatantly connect the brands.  I know I will never view it as being Disney's Star Wars, that would just be wrong.

What becomes puzzling though is that Disney has not gone and done that to everything Marvel. Marvel is doing just fine using only the Marvel brand.

Just one of those odd things that caught my attention.

1 comment:

  1. Is it because Disney thinks Star Wars needs the Disney logo? Or is it because Disney thinks the Disney brand is enhanced by Star Wars?

    I haven't been to a Disney park since you were a child, but I suspect visitors will find Star Wars there - and probably not Marvel.

    ReplyDelete