Friday, January 10, 2014

What Do You Mean You Haven't Seen It?

All last year my boys really got into Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. I have about a half dozen videos of them singing the songs. We made them costumes from it for them to wear at the various conventions.  They even got to meet Felicia Day at the Denver Comic Con. It was something they really geeked out over.

At a Pre-Comic Con party at Mile High Comics the boys wore their costumes. Two of my old friends who I don't see too often were there.  Both of them asked who the boys were supposed to be. After explaining it to them they both admitted they had not watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. Needless to say I pushed both of them to watch it.

One of them IMed me while he was watching it. He said he didn't get it. He admitted to not being a fan of Nathan Fillion (I know, it doesn't make any sense to me either). I compared it to the movie Mystery Men, which he said he wasn't a fan of either. I had no reply after that. I was a little afraid to push it, as I would not want to learn that he was not a fan of the greatest show that Nathan Fillion was part of. Not sure how one could maintain a friendship with someone who did not like Firefly.

I get the whole 'different strokes' idea, not everyone is going to enjoy the same things in the end. Just feels odd to know someone who you think has the same tastes as you, but doesn't really get something that you think is brilliant.

Gotta check in with my other friend to find out if he's watched it yet and what he thought about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment